City to Shore Wedding Planning & Design
|Posted by Kristen Fitzpatrick on March 8, 2018 at 10:25 AM|
Why Willow Creek Winery Weddings are the best!
One of our favorite South Jersey Wedding Venues in Cape May, NJ, is Willow Creek Winery. If you have not been to the see hand crafted post and beam Grand Tasting Room, vineyard vistas and luxurious gardens yet, it is a must see! From its stunning views the moment you enter the property, and all of the way down to the hard wood floors, romantic fireplace, and beautiful chandeliers inside, you will feel as if you are in rustic fairytale. In addition to the beauty, the friendly staff and service are on point. Cape May NJ is a hot destination wedding spot! It i safe to say that over 95% of our couples who utilize us as their wedding planners for Willow Creek Winery are not local. We have had brides in from PA, NY, DE, CT, FL, and even CA! Taking the stress and ease away from our couples and their families during their Willow Creek Winery Wedding planning process has been a one of the best parts our profession. Below you will find the top five reasons we love Willow Creek Winery Weddings, in Cape May, NJ.
1) Their Couples: Seriously. We have loved all of our couples that we work with from Willow Creek Winery, and in fact, we still talk with them after their weddings have taken place! Our Willow Creek Winery couples are fun, smitten, happy, completely in love, and know just what they want - we make the wedding magic happen, together. It is pure awesomeness.
2) FUN: Ok, so, most would say weddings are just fun, but seriously, there is something extra fun about Willow Creek Wineryand Cape May that just makes your wedding experience phenomenal. Your guests will get a wedding weekend that they will talk about for years to come!
3) The Space: It is gorgeous with its rustic, hand crafted wood posts and beams, not to mention the rows of grapevines and gardens. It offers so many ways to be creative in decor and to make this venue your own. No matter how many guests you have, how what the the layout looks like, your personal style willo shine; we never get tired of our weddings that take place here! Each and every single Willow Creek Winery wedding that we have been a part of has allowed our clients to be unique to themselves, and have an absolutely stunning day.
4) The Execution: We have worked with, I’d say, about every venue in this area, and the execution of your event is top par at Willow Creek Winery. They are on point! They work well with the planners involved to ensure a streamlined process of set up and take down. There is nothing more important than your guests, from the moment they arrive. Execution on things such as dinner service, sticking to your timeline, and making sure each guest is happy is beyond what you will find at most places in the area.
5) The Staff: Now this may fall somewhat into #4, however, they deserve their own recogition on this blog. The staff is beyond accommodating, very professional and extremely friendly. From the servers, to bartenders, and the Maitre D, there is just something special about them.
|Posted by Kristen Fitzpatrick on February 25, 2018 at 1:45 PM|
Wedding Day Essential Items, Amenities Basket & Emergency Kit
An Emergency Kit is a must have for the day of any special event. As a professional and wedding and event planner across the South Jersey Shore and Pennsylvania, I would never show up to a wedding without one. While an emergency kit is not just a necessity for a planner, it’s also a great idea for the bride and groom to have when preparing for their big day, as well as, to offer to their guests in the form of a Bathroom Amenities Basket. .
Anticipating the minor or even major mishaps that can go wrong on the big day is the key to being a successful event planner. After being in the wedding & event planning industry for close to 15 years, it is safe to say that I’ve seen it all…from a couple forgetting their marriage license, to an officiate not showing up at all and having to fake a ceremony, forgetting wedding rings, dinner being over an hour late, drunken family members causing scenes, brides losing so much weight after their last fitting that I had to pin their dress together, fist fights, over tanned bridesmaids, allergic reactions, all of the way to hurricanes, rain, and even power outages. I definitely over the years have learned to attend every event to “expect the unexpected.” As a professional planner with experience and the ability to prepare and think quick, having these items will help smooth any situation!
Below is a list of essential items that I have compiled for your Cape May Wedding, Long Beach Island Wedding, or Philadelphia Wedding:
Bride’s Mini Travel Kit:
These items are great to keep in a purse.
Mini Sewing Kit
Mini Emergency Kit (just the essentials—like band aids, Tylenol, etc.)
Makeup Remover Towelettes
Bobby Pins (black, brown, blonde)
Moisturizing Hand Sanitizer Wipes
Oil Blotting Paper
Heel Protectors (for walking on grass)
Wedding Day Musts:
We, as Luxe Weddings professional planners, carry items like these for the wedding party in our Emergency Kit to every wedding.
These items also make perfect items to put in your Bathroom Amenities Baskets for your guests!
All-Purpose First Aid Kit including, Tylenol, Advil, Tums, & Benadryl
Breath Mints / Listerine Strips
Glucose Gel Packs
Bug Repellent Stick
Nail Polish Remover (regular & gel)
Dental Floss Sticks
Tampons / Feminine Care
Mini Hair Spray
Moisturizing Hand Sanitizer Wipes
Shout Stain Remover Wipes
Spray Deodorant or Deodorant Wipes
Toothbrush & Toothpaste
Rubber bands (in black, brown, nude)
Bobby Pins (in black, brown, blonde)
Heel Protectors (for walking on grass)
Diamond Hair Pick/Comb
White Chalk (for stain coverage)
Nail Clippers & File
White and Clear Nail Polish
Hard Candies (something that won’t stain their tongue—I usually opt for Werther’s original hard candies).
“Wine Away” Red Wine Stain Remover
Grandma’s Secret Spot Remover
Mirror & Powder Compact
Wine Bottle Opener
Five Hour Energy
Small Zip-Loc Baggies
Additional items in a Professional Planner’s Production Kit:
Business Cards (this is a must!)
Pens & Pencils
Permanent Markers & Highlighters
Binder Clips (assorted sizes for pinching loose dresses!)
Mini Stapler & Staples
Blue Envelopes (for vendor gratuity)
Generic Wedding Cards
Heavy Duty Flashlights (always check batteries beforehand)
AAA & AA Batteries
Mini Tape Measure
25’ Tape Measure
White & Black Zip Ties
A Roll of Baker’s Twine (perfect for lining up the aisle or a row of chairs)
Green Outdoor Extension Cord
Cake Knife & Serving Set
Box of Tea Light and Votive Candles
Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
Staple Guns & Staples
Bride & Groom Umbrellas
Plastic Forks, Knives, Spoons, Straws
Garbage Bags (in clear, white, and grey—all in various sizes)
Assorted Tape: Duct Tape, Double Sided Tape, Blue Painter’s Tape (for labeling tables/chair counts during set-up, etc.)
Box Cutters and Scissors (assorted, including ribbon scissors)
Floral Wire, Floral Tape, Stem and Wire Cutters
Satin Ribbon (to match the event’s color palette, white, ivory & nude)
Mophie Battery Pack (for recharging my mobile devices on the go)
Phone & iPad Charger
Coloring Books & Crayons
|Posted by Kristen Fitzpatrick on February 25, 2018 at 1:25 PM|
PINEAPPLE OF MY EYE
I am not sure what it is lately, but I am obsessed with pineapples! Everything about them makes me smile. As I was coming up with Cape May NJ wedding planning ideas, I saw this quote a few weeks ago...
Seriously, who wouldn’t want to be more like a pineapple? So, while on my pineapple kick, I’ve learned ways to cook it, use it in refreshing cocktails, and decorate, but most importantly, tasteful ways to incorporate them into your wedding without making it look like a Hawaiian Luau and going too overboard.
Whether you are hosting a beach wedding in South Jersey, or simply looking to add a bit of tropical flair, check out these pineapple ideas for your coastal wedding!
1) Pineapple water? Yes, please! This is a perfect start for your guests arriving at your outdoor ceremony or cocktail hour. It is not only pretty to look at, but it tastes like summer!
2) Did you know that a pineapple symbolizes welcome and good cheer? Using a pineapple as an accent on your welcome table or near your seating arrangements can make the perfect prop, as well as, add fun, color, and special meaning to any environment!
4) You're worth more than gold! Gold pineapples would be great to have embossed on your invitations, or used as your wedding stamp to set the tropical feel right from the start. Or even, spray paint a pineapple gold, add gorgeous flowers to it, and this is what you get! Whoever decided to try this is brilliant.
5) Pineapples make great vases!
6) Don't forget there are always ways to add it to dessert tables for a light and sweet ending to a wonderful new beginning.
|Posted by Kristen Fitzpatrick on February 19, 2018 at 1:05 PM|
Hosting a destination wedding in a shore town in New Jersey has a lot of details involved, and one of the those major details would be finding (sometimes it may feel like hunting!) for group accommodations and room blocks for your guests. While there are plenty of hotels throughout most shore islands that do offer wedding room blocks, here are a few tips to help you with your search:
Bed + Breakfasts:
While the thought of having your guests stay in a quaint Bed + Breakfast in a shore town such as Cape May, or Stone Harbor sounds lovely, there are not many rooms in these accommodation types. I will not say never, but unless you are renting out the entire place, it is very rare to find one that will hold a room block for you. They may not offer you a wedding room block, but you can post a few of these that do have availability on your wedding website, and your guests to call them directly.
Keep in mind that most weddings that take place in shore towns, like Cape May, are in the 'off-season'. I have yet to find a summer hotel that will block off any amount of rooms for a group in high season because quite honestly, they do not need the summer business and know they will book the rooms on their own. In prime season most hotels want a minimum of 3 night stays, in addition to, the rates are the highest during that time; thijs might be a lot for your guests.
Our goal is to always find at least 2-3 hotels that will offer different types of rates for your guests to choose from.
I get asked the question often: What’s the point of making a room block if my guests can get those rates on their own?
• Having a block of rooms gives you the flexibility to know who has or have not booked their room.
• It may not be in your plans yet, but if you decide you want to offer a welcome bag to your hotel guests, you now know who is stayinbg where.
• Some couples choose to offer transportation for their guests to and from the wedding ceremony and reception. If that is the case, then wouldn’t it be great to have a majority of your guests staying in the same location?!
• Most group blocks try to keep the party on the same floor, which helps in making this a “wedding weekend” filled with fun.
I hope some of these tips helped you with your search for your wedding room block in your shore town. If you feel you could use more help in this area, please feel free to contact us with questions! [email protected] (267) 961-3282